Sunday, February 25, 2007

Blogs in my future...


I have discovered that blogging is not going to end once I post my final topic for this class on that glorious day in May.

The magazine I work for launched it's website in September and has been growing ever since. It's actually kind of cool if you are interested in learning more about the city.

www.7x7sf.com

Already they have incorportated blogs into the website. There is an Eat+Drink blog, with bloggers including the food editor, and a contributing wine expert. The latest blog talks about the food editors trip to Costco! It has many pictures and gives the inside tibits on restaurants in the city, one recent blog also even talked about food books.
A nightlife blog which does reviews of different concerts,t he most recent from Mickey Avalon from Thursday night. There are also many photos that are done by (thanks to the fact that we bought SPIN magazine last yaer) Misha Vladimirskiy whose photos are seen spread over all music magazines (and I think take a new approach to music photography, and are pretty cool to look at)
And a Social Studies blog that are done by contributing writers. Drew Altzier (known in SF to be THE photographer to the socialites and social scene) which shows his pictures of different events, galas,...gatherings of people who are (which is funny to me) considered the SF socialites. And Hooman (Alice radio personality) has a blog about movies, fashion week...entertainment in general.

What is funny about this is that, after I graduate working in marketing will become my fulltime job (hurray!!! at least thats one less thing to stress about) and also they are allowing me to go to Europe for a month, which I have already completely booked flights and hotels for a month (yay!) but my boss thought this would be a good idea for a blog...
Where in the World is Whitney
And pose with 7x7 at different famous monuments, do a blog about fun finds and the things I have seen.
....and I thought I was getting a vacation.

(I know this isn't journalism related to ethics...but thought it was a fun and funny story!)

2 comments:

....J.Michael Robertson said...

Oh, the ethics questions will arise when you start blogging away! But if you are on your own nickel, as we used to say, that's one set of problems you won't have to worry about. Sounds like a good website. I'll check it out. I'm assuming accuracy and good judgment will matter because otherwise the blog will lose credibility.

Whitney Fry said...

Oh always accuracy and good judgement. What do you have if you have no credibility? not a lot. Thats one thing this fine USF education has taught me!