Wednesday, April 4, 2007

When I was young I always said, "When I grow up I want to be..



Katie Couric

and John and Elizabeth's interview was very interesting! the tough questions that you know the answer is not going to be an easy one. It seems that she handled it very well. it seems that you could see the human in her voice, and while she was asking the tought questions she asked them with heart. It wasn't like it was a Larry King or a Barbara Walters who asks the harder questions, stricktly as a journalist and does so with an expression-less face. I think Katie Couric acted with pose and compassion, and she didnt shy away from the kinds of questions that were too difficult to ask, and she asked the why and the hows. I was impressed by her tone, and her poise, and her questions, and her comments. Now I'll be interested to see any interviews involving the policies and stances of the presidential hopefull!



(and I still do)

1 comment:

Jonahlynn said...

I agree! Katie Couric did an excellent job pressing for information and at the same time showing compassion. I really think that the "tell me about..." sort of question that I noticed she used a lot of is helpful.. I think that's part of what made her toughest questions seem compassionate. It wasn't simply just saying "why this" or "why that".. I think by saying "tell me about what was going through your mind and how you felt..." it made John and Elizabeth be more open to Katie Couric because they don't have to feel intimidated by the word "why". Instead, the "tell me about it" approach, I think, gives them a chance to say and start wherever they feel most comfortable.. and it goes on from there...

I thought it was interesting. She did a very good job and it makes me want to be like her too. :)